Layers in hair bring volume, make thin locks look fuller, and are really a stylish way to trim your long tresses. Maintaining a mid-back, waist- or hip-length mane is not always a breeze. If you want to alleviate your hair care, layered haircuts for long hair are the best way to go. They are always ready to shine without too much styling.
Here are the 50 lovely long hairstyles with layers for your crowning glory. These will serve as your ultimate reference whenever you want to sport a new hairdo this year.
1. Bra Strap Length with Flipped Layers. Flyaway hair? Split ends? Take the layered hairstyle to the extreme to combat all your hair problems in a stylish way.
2. Classic Long Layers for Thick Straight Hair. Embrace your natural red hair color. Emphasize it with a V-cut and mid-shaft layers.
3. Long Feathered Hair. Feathering works equally well for thick and thin hair, but the final hairstyles can be very different!
4. Black Colored Hair with Caramel Balayage. Do you have damaged hair with split ends? Combat your hair problem with lots of layers and balayage.
5. Messy Cut with Chopped Long Layers. Convey your care-free attitude to your hairstyle that is chopped randomly. To prevent stringy ends in your messy look, style them into loose waves.
6. Loose Waves with Golden Balayage. Accentuate your long layered hair with a golden-toned balayage. Balayaged waves cascading down the shoulders create an effortlessly stylish look.
7. Dark Brown to Caramel Blonde Balayage. A long, wavy hairstyle is one of the classic looks. It adds volume, width and shows off the length of long tresses. The blonde balayage highlights wavy hair.
8. Long Blonde Hair with Soft Feathery Layers. The hair with lots of layers that feather down to your shoulders is a flattering solution for long fine hair.
9. Waist-Length Red Hair with Textured Layers. Having long straight hair means more intense care and maintenance compared to healthy curly hair. Fear not. Ask your stylist for layers done with thinning scissors which will give a new look to your luscious locks.
10. Bouncy Layers with Beige-Blonde Balayage. Stop stressing about your flyaway hair. Go for some textured layers and flip them stylishly. The idea is to iron the ends upwards to create three-tiered tresses.
11. Long Layered Half-Curled Hair with Golden-Beige Balayage. Voluminous golden waves and curls are a stylish way to disguise your thin hair.
12. Classic Layers with Blonde Balayage. Sway your way to a free-flowing wavy hair. Blonde balayage will make your mousy mane more interesting.
13. Long Brown Hair with V-Cut Layers. V-shaped layers are one of the classic haircuts for women with long straight hair. They create dimension as the shorter strands cascade into the longer ones.
14. Soft Swoopy Layers. If you want to give some texture to your long straight hair, simply tell your hairdresser to add lots of wispy layers to it. Here's a nice solution for thin hair.
15. Waist-Length Blonde Hair with Choppy Layers. Does your hair feel literally heavy? Try choppy layers if you want to keep it long.
16. Mid-Back Layered Hair. Upgrade your thick hair this year with a new style. Simply let your hairstylist cut choppy layers to shape up those voluminous tresses.
17. Bra Strap Length U-Cut Hair. The U-shaped cut is another classic hairstyle. Finish it with swoopy choppy layers for a modest look.
18. Waist-Length Curly Hair with Highlights. Without layers long curly hair can seem heavy sometimes. Layers emphasize your curls in a lighter way. When it comes to trendy styling, you can sport it in beach waves.
19. Long Subtle Layers with Golden-Blonde Highlights. Go for a fabulous hairstyle this year with long imperceptible layers. Add some warm blonde hues to accentuate the beach waves.
20. Extra-Long Ash Blonde Layered Hair. Transform you extra-long hair into something eye-catching. Throw in lots of layers and a splash of bright blonde balayage. Leave your roots natural.
21. Subtle Face-Framing Layers. If you want to reshape your face without a surgery, go for a haircut with subtle front layers as pictured here. Soft face-framing plus a right blowout will do the trick.
22. Tousled Blonde Hair with Long Layers. Tousled hair also looks fuller. Need proofs? Take a closer look at the image below. The white blonde thick mane with lightly curled ends looks flawless.
23. Wheat-Blonde Long Layered Hair. Have an appointment with your hairstylist soon? If you prefer to maintain your long straight hair, but also want to sport a new hairstyle, go for the long layers as pictured here. You'll get a whole new look with minimal losses.
24. Dark Brown Hair with Bangs and Layers. Request your stylist to trim your side bangs in a face-framing technique to emphasize your facial features in every angle.
25. Sleek Straight Layers with a Center-Part. Sleek hair as pictured below is an effortless way to glam up your short layers. Just invest in a quality blow dryer, the right hairbrush, and hair straightener to achieve this look..
26. Long-Textured Layers with Low Balayage. Add some texture to your long straight hair with a layered haircut like this one. And you know, a little balayage doesn't hurt. It helps a lot in brightening your hair, even if it's subtle!
27. Long Blonde Rooty Hair with Layers. Still have doubts? Don't be afraid to lose a few inches of your long hair, really. Go for a long layered haircut once, and you'll want to repeat it every time you visit your fave salon.
28. Long Curly Hair with Melted Balayage. Embrace your curls by sporting your long layered hair loose. Match it with a tri-color balayage: dark brown roots, neutral blonde highlights, and dark caramel lowlights. Magic!
29. Long Sandy Blonde Colormelt. Be the beach babe that you are. Style your upper-back length hair into trendy beach waves.
30. Waist-Length Wavy Hair with Light Brown Streaks. Wavy hair is very feminine. Natural or styled, it reveals its potential on the base of a haircut with lots of layers. Finish it with a subtle balayage.
31. Crisp Layered Waves. Enjoy your voluminous wavy hair! See how beautiful it looks with a layered hairstyle. Hot or not, what will you say?
32. Long Blonde Hair with Angled Swoopy Layers. What we see here? Amazing blonde hair! Long and layered, multidimensional and feminine. Even thin tresses will benefit from getting layers.
33. Long Thick Layered Hair. This hair looks flawless, like in commercials, doesn't it? However, it is not so easy to cope with it in real life. Reduce the weight that you carry with your hair. Ask your stylist to cut it in a three-tiered style.
34. Long Light Layers Enhanced with Highlights. Layers can flatter any hair color! Accentuate your naturally brunette shade with long layers. Then enhance the effect of your brown locks with partial golden-toned highlights.
35. Soft Feathery Layered Blonde Balayage. Go for some feathered layers to keep your hair long and healthy. Soft blonde highlights complete the look.
36. Simple Layered Haircut for Long Hair. Seamless blending looks beautiful even a month past your salon visit. This means that you'll need less touch-ups. A toner will help to keep it fresh-looking.
37. Long Layers for Fine Hair. Meet the cut that is perfect from any angle! One-length ends, and graduated layers on both sides create a win-win combo for fine- and thin-haired girls.
38. Long Layered Hair with Big Curls. Long hairstyles with layers work with any texture. Choosing a highlight color that is close to your natural hair hue will bring an eye-catching result.
39. Beachy Layers for Very Long Hair. Bring life to your limp hair. Go for a high-quality hairstyle with a subtle balayage coloring that requires low-maintenance and gives a high impact.
40. Long Locks with Subtly Curled Ends. Who says choppy layers are boring? Match them with a brown and blonde balayage for a cute hairdo.
41. Thick Layered Half-Curled Hair. Shape your gorgeous chocolate and caramel hair in loose waves and flaunt an amazing cascade of layers and melting hues.
42. Long Angled Layers and High-Contrast Streaks. Leave your dark black roots untouched, add highlights of several tones, and lightly curl the ends for a high contrast look full of dynamics.
43. Heavily-Feathered Layers for Blonde Hair. Go heavy with your new hairstyle this year. Opt for feathered pieces if your hair is thick and kind of heavy. And yes, having a balayage is almost a tradition now. How many pictures without it do you see on Internet? Very few…
44. Silky Long Black Hair. The simplest way to style your long straight hair is investing in quality hair tools. Pull out a good hair brush and hair straightener to achieve the subtle layered look as pictured. Did you notice several chocolate highlights in her hair? What a subtle change!
45. V-Shaped Chocolate Layers with Caramel Balayage. Take the hair layering to a higher level – literally. Throw in some shorter layers along with layered ends. Enrich it with caramel highlights.
46. Long Layered Haircut with Seriously Lighter Ends. For some sassy hair swaying, ask for long layers that start closer to the ends. Let the short layers be about the shoulder-length. A contrasting balayage and a side part will perfect the style even more.
47. Bouncy Layers for Long Straight Hair. Long thin hair can look limp. Light-feathered layers cascading down your back will save the situation.
48. Layers for Long Hair with Discreet Balayage. You can do a lot of hairstyles for long straight hair. You can curl it, make wavy, tie it in all possible kinds of buns and ponytails. Don't let anyone persuade you to cut it short, even if it's trendy right now! If you need a change, you can always do another type of balayage or cut more layers.
49. Long Full Curly Hairstyle with Layers. Voluminous curls are something every woman secretly craves. If you are one of the lucky girls who is blessed with thick curly hair, try a layered hairstyle and you'll see a big difference. Your red-carpet look is ready!